Wednesday 19 October 2016

Seashore Stories - notebook and some updates!

Hi again my dear friends!
First of all, here are some updates on what is really going on on my side :)
As always - a lot! I've just got back home from my classes in Budapest, where I was also lucky enough to spend 3 full days with my Mom, who decided to join me for this short trip - how great it was to see her after almost 15 months! We had the best time enjoying the beautiful city and chatting from early morning till late evening... she was even brave enough to be my student for 1 class! I guess you can imagine how exciting it was for me :)


Shortly after I was on my way to the UK, to teach in one of my favourite places: Art Workshops classes in Middlesbrough. We had a great, relaxed weekend and I really can't wait to be back in June for our HUGE event in Coventry - have you seen the flyer? It's going to be AMAZING!!! I can't believe how lucky I am to teach at the same event with my 2 Brand Ambassadors: Marta and France! This is going to be a pure blast (in 3 acts!). You can't miss it - bookings will open in November, so watch my space for updates :)


Finally - I'm on the last stage of going through the Creative Team Call entries. You can't imagine the torment I'm going through trying to narrow down the list - your emails and talent left me overwhelmed, humbled and proud in the same time. I am truly blessed to be able to live my dream and work with such a great group of people, sharing the love for art and creativity. Thank you for that! Please keep your fingers crossed for a little bit longer - we are really getting there!!!

------
Finally - I'd like to share one of my latest projects. Some of you who follow my Home Instagram Account know this August and September were just beautiful here in Ireland and Andrew and I were able to explore some of the most pleasant beaches of the West Coast, enjoying the weather, the sand, the wind and the ocean.
Of course, I HAD TO bring some of the treasures of the sea home - and not long ago I was finally able to put then in use to create this ocean inspired art notebook. As I really enjoy building my projects from scratch, I started with and old book cover, pieces of chipboard, fabric and Art Extravagance Graphite Texture Paste to get interesting eye-catching layers.



The main composition was of course based on the idea of using seashells I found this year - and I was looking for the right shape to start with. Finally, I decided to use one of the decors from Prima IOD Moulds - in combination with my Mechanicals, Art Ingredients Art Stones and Pebbles and shells I had waiting on my desk for weeks!



All the elements are staying securely in place thanks to my favourite Art Basics Heavy Body Gel I've used for gluing. I'm so happy about this product - it really makes building dimensional collage and assemblage so easy! Once you apply it the elements just sit in it, which makes building the project so much easier. How simple is that?
For the smaller and lighter elements I prefer Art Basics Soft Gel - often put into small, fine tip bottle. This time, I used it to add Art Stones - they imitate the sand perfectly!


Finally, the notebook cover was sprayed and painted with Art Alchemy Metallique Paints and Mica Powders mixed with Soft Gel. Final rusty touches were added as the last step - I'ver played with my Art Alchemy Rust Effect Paste Set to get natural looking, corroded structure. I'm quite happy with the final results - now I have a handy- size notebook or journal I can take with me for my next adventure... or maybe I'll keep it in my Studio? It will bring back lovely summer memories in the middle of the windy, wet Winter!

Here is the list of supplies I was using for this project. I hope that helps!


Make sure you will be back this Friday to check the last project from wonderful, talented Creative Team Member, Irina... and stay tuned for the results of the Creative Team Call - they will be revealed soon!
Sending hugs and good vibes your way


11 comments:

kristie said...

Ohhh wow!! This is beautiful!

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Love this notebook cover. Absolutely amazing and that color combo is just divine. You really look like your mom! So nice she could join you! Now still have to be patient for the results of the CT call.... Pffff that's not easy! I can imagine that it's really hard to choose from all those amazing talented people. I wish you all the best!

craftytrog said...

Love those rusty effects, and seaside elements Anna!

Unknown said...

Oh wow Finn, i really love this journal cover. Just so special to have your holiday memories incorporated into it too. 😊

corinne de france MARCH said...

<3+++

Heather said...

What fabulous embodies where made, beautiful pictures. And a gorgeous project

BEARKIS said...

Ефектно, красиво творение!Поздрави!

Athanasia said...

Ah Anna you look so happy with your mum! It seems you really enjoyed your time together and how fun was that she took your class! Wow! You made me thinking of my mum and how much I miss her - I just have to wait until Xmas to see her :)
And you cover is absolutely AMAZING! I like the symmetry of the arrangement and of course the coloring is always divine!
Hugs ❤

Unknown said...

I love that color scheme so much!

Unknown said...

How lucky you were to spend time with your mum Anna! You both look gorgeous and sooo happy!!! And to attend one of your classes I guess it made it even more special. Your new project is out of this world beautiful as always, utterly mesmerizing! The colours and textures are just perfect! hugs, Sanda xoxo

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful! Love all the rusty detail and texture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...