Friday 25 December 2015

Make A Wish

Dear Friends... I hope you're having the most beautiful Christmas time!
I think it's still not too late to make one more ornament and today is Denisa's turn to inspire us all and spend these days creatively.


Hello, my dear Xmasholics! It´s Denisa here. Today I´d like to share with you my very last Xmas project this year and it´s an angel ornament. In fact, it´s a winged gift for a dear friend of mine. 


Here´s how I did it:
I used a thick paper coaster as the base. I glued on a vintage clock face. I covered the edges around the face with White Gesso and let it dry.
Next I used my fave star stencil with Light Paste and created a few stars all around the coaster. When it was dry I started to work with colours.

Since it´s a Xmas project I went for the sparkling and glittering look. I grabbed amazing Mica Powders in Rust, Blue and Teal. I mixed them with water and applied with a brush. I love how they shine. Next I did some random stamping using black waterproof ink.

In the centre of the coaster I glued on a round wooden circle. Then I created the very central part of my project. I used a small Mechanicals bottle cap in which I placed an old vintage pic of a lady. I  placed a little gem on the lady´s head and then everything was covered with 3D Gloss Gel.
I also glued down the chippie wings (they were covered with White Gesso and Mica Powders and the edges were inked).
I covered the area around the centre with Midnight Blue Glass Glitter and Black Micro Beads. I also emphasized the stars´ edges with a  black marker and watercolour pens in blue and gold tones.



Then I inked the edges of the coaster with Copper Crackle Texture Paste.
I made holes and put eyelets in them. I used turquoise wire as a handle. Next I attached down the trinket which was treated the same way as wings. I glued on the blue gem.
The final step was painting the reverse side of the coaster with Black Gesso. Voila! Here it is!



Hope you´re having the best Xmas ever!
Wishing you Holly Jolly Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Denisa

Products used:


4 comments:

Josefina said...

That's beautiful Denisa! Love it, and very inspiring.

Kathy Bradley said...

Your ornament is beautiful!

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Such a beautiful ornament, and love the colors, great work Denisa!

Linda M. Cain said...

Fabulous work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...