Saturday 4 July 2015

The ARTifact: peek on the classroom samples...

Hi again my friends!
Today I'm back to show you what happens in the classroom  during one of my new workshops - "The ARTifact", which is rich in texture and elements mixed-media collage on canvas.
When I was creating inspirational project for this class I was truly inspired by a bit cold, industrial look which I wanted to soften a bit with a touch of "feminine" factor. I think I can call it a success!


The sides of the canvas look almost like old stone walls or rusted metal - I love this effect and I'm so happy it is so easy to get using stencils and some of my Art Extravagance Texture Pastes! A bit of Heavy Black Gesso on the top and anything can happen!



Combination of different embellishments including paper flowers, metal elements (Mechanicals), some plain "ugly buttons" as I call them and a brush give the project really unique look and a lot of interesting details. But the real magic happens when we start adding colour...


This is the moment when my Art Ingredients Mica Powders really start to shine! When you want to get the best effects with this product simply apply it on the dark background  - you will be amazed with the difference! Oh, the possibilities...



If you are interested in taking this class - have a look in my Live Classes section of the blog.
There is a long list of different places hosting me this year including new info about Australia and New Zealand!
As far as I know bookings for the "ARTifact"  are still open in these places: 
18-16 July 2015 - Donna Downey Studios, Huntersville - North Carolina, USA - bookings here
- 25-26 July 2015 - Scrapbooking Forever - Westlake Village, California, USA - link - bookings here
1-2 August 2015 - Artsy Stamps and Papercrafts - Loveland, Colorado, USA - link
4-6 September 2015 - Classes in Bikuben, Oslo, Norway - bookings here!
17-18 October 2015 - Classes in Middlesbrough, UK - more details here
7-8 November 2015 - Artifield -  Melbourne, Australia - bookings here
11 November 2015 - Scrap 2 Relax - Drouin, Melbourne, Australia - bookings here
- 21-22 November - Hobbysew Echuca - Echuca, Australia - bookings here

I hope we will see one day in the classroom :)
For now - I'm sending best wishes and I will be in touch soon!

8 comments:

Asas à imaginação said...

Fantástico...eu amei este projeto!!! Que textura incrível e que cores!!!
Obrigada por me encantar!
Marlei, que envia abraços do Brasil.

smokeysmom said...

Finn, how did you get the light, "star", streaks? Do you use a light color like silver??? I've been meaning to ask you about this effect. Same as the effect on your blog photo?

mamablitger said...

This is just AMAZING GORGEOUS and FABULOUS !!! Gosh I LOVE it. That texture, these colors, the variety of metal, a brush, flowers. It's fantastic !!!
Wish I could join one of your classes... Sigh !!!!!!
Thank you so much for sharing this awesome piece of art !!!!
Hugs from Monica... Spain

BEARKIS said...

Amazing ART project! Congrats!!!!

corinne de france MARCH said...

bientôt ;-)
corinne

Joanne said...

Cannot wait for October to take this class x

Nancy said...

Two weeks! YES! NC here I come and ready to take Anna's class!!! Thanks Donna for having Anna at your Studio!!

Unknown said...

AWEsome class and AWEsome project Anna! This was so much fun to create and I fell in love with the products you used on this. You are a terrific teacher!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...