Monday 3 November 2014

My Smiles Begin With You

Hello, Friends!
Let's start a new week with some beautiful art, shall we?
Let me introduce you to this cutest creature - Marta's little girl - I'll bet she'll make you smile, too! :)


Hello there!
It's Marta here. I am delighted to be back and share with you my newest creation.

Today's work is all about paper.


I wanted to show you how paper itself can be a wonderful embellishment.
Finnabair designed papers are fantastic to use as decorations to your projects. I found this beautiful paper with lace and ribbons pattern from Sunrise Sunset collection. I decided to cut out pieces from it and stick it seperately on the page.
In my video below you can see that paper strips are not glued completely to the page which allowed me to achieve some great dimensional effects. 


Another great addition to your layouts are metal embellishments. Finn has come up with a variation of designs which work just perefectly for any type of layout or journal not only mixed media works.


To add colors to my page, I used my very favorite Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays. The choice of shades is fantastic.
Another great and one of my mostly used embellishments is... string. I use it in many of my creations - it's so simple and yet it adds a really nice touch to a piece.


I hope you will enjoy my video tutorial.



I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Hugs, Marta xx

Materials used:

8 comments:

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

This is lovely!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful !! :)

Dawnll said...

This is just stunning including that beautiful picture. Love all the dimension and layers. Thanks for inspiring

Sissel said...

Love your layout! :)

Scrapintheattic.com said...

Amazing, I enjoyed watching how you worked through the page. Just beautiful, I am inspired to try, thanks for sharing x

DD Wilson said...

Marta, enjoyed your tutorial. I liked the technique where you "dribbled" Lindy's sprays along the sides of the paper edges.
You then spritzed the edges, did you use a bit of sprayed water to make it run or some more of the sprays?
Lovely layout. Thanks

Unknown said...

beautiful! thank for video!

MargiĆ¹ said...

I do not know the ' English and I entrust to the translator and so I hope you understand that I love the background of your layout, metal embellishments colors ! Thank you for your video!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...