Saturday 14 September 2013

Sizzix Focus: Sailing through book pages... Odyssey Journal

Yeah, it is back. "Odyssey Journal" is aback on my desk and it screams on the top of it's voice to draw my attention (previous pages were posted here, here and here). It's really hard to resist this beautiful old book (last weekend we checked the date of print, 1916, uhm...wow) - I just HAD to add a page or two to it...  Old paper, beautiful print, lots of handwritten notes on the pages - this is the essence of "vintage" and every time I take it in my hands ideas just naturally come to my head. Again, I'm happy I found this little treasure in one of the charity shops somewhere in Ireland...

Both pages I'm sharing today are focused on important men in my life. The first one is my grandfather, Edward. He was wonderful personality, liked and respected by family and friends - but for me he was just my beloved grandpa, full of love, caring, having time to look after me and my cousins. We all miss him terribly since he passed away almost 20 years ago - and for me the day he died was the day when one of the chapters in my life ended. Nothing was ever the same.
I enjoyed a lot looking for perfectly matching little pieces for this page. Finally I finished with a quite nice bunch of metal objects and quite cute spool label. I love my rubbish boxes, seriously!

Odyssey Journal - Edward



Supplies: Prima Marketing by Finnabair: Elementals (Resist Canvas - Checked), Vintage Vanity (Stamps). Sizzix Thinlits Dies, 3DFoam Squares - Scrapbook AdhesivesLuminarte - Primary Elements, gesso, tea stain, Ranger: Vintaj Patina and Archival Ink, vintage paper, tickets and lace, staples, paper clips, old metal pieces and spool label, buttons etc.

You can learn more about this page visiting this post on Sizzix.UK blog - you will find a detailed supply list and more information about it. I hope you will enjoy!

This page is again about my dad, Krzysiek (or Chris) - I simply love this old photo of him and his two best friends from the old neighborhood - Darek and Marek. He looked so relaxed on this photo - and a bit cheeky too! I couldn't resist to use it once more in my project although it was on one of my paper layouts before :)

Odyssey Journal - Krzysiek, Darek, Marek


Supplies: Prima Marketing by FinnabairMechanicals (Trinkets, Washers, Gears, Roman Numerals), Elementals (Resist Canvas - Checked and Music Notes, Decorative Strips), Vintage Vanity (Stamps). Sizzix Thinlits Dies, 3DFoam Squares - Scrapbook AdhesivesLuminarte - Primary Elements, gesso, tea stain, Ranger: Archival Ink, vintage paper, tickets and lace, staples, paper clips, buttons etc.

More info and detailed supply information is posted here, on Prima Marketing blog - as well as many others project showcasing my Prima Marketing products... and let me say - this post is a real eye-candy!

I'll be back soon - I promise!
Sending warmest hugs

11 comments:

Helen said...

What beautiful pages, Anna! have a great and creative, weekend.

shari said...

Love, love, love it!!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy looking at your pages, and really enjoy the memories you share with them.

Redanne said...

Gorgeous page, lovely photos (and wonderful memories for you too) and I just love the pops of colour here and there....

Annie said...

Fabulous pages Anna.....look forward to your class in Glasgow and Derbyshire x

veverka.Hela said...

really beautiful and imaginative pages full of nostalgia

Little Artbee said...

Great artwork, i love your pages very much. So much wonderful details.
Greatings from Germany
Sabine

Netty said...

wowee, wonderful pages, Annette

Thuria said...

Ohhhhhh, so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this green with these brown colours!

Unknown said...

Your work is amazing. I can only dream to be as good as you in mixed-media. ... But I'm not. ... :)
Awesome project.
Have a wonderful day, Anna!

Joy's Creative Space said...

I love your powerful tender art around the two men in your life... You are a an amazing artist I am doing work around women icons Thanks for sharing. Joy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...