Saturday 15 June 2013

Trapped in France and some more Sizzix goodnes :)

People say if you travel, you have to be ready for the adventures. Well, I am, but some of them I'd prefer to avoid. Like the one I had this week :) After wonderful classes in France, near Paris and one day in Paris sightseeing with a group of lovely, crazy ladies I discovered that the day of my planned trip home is the day of the planned beginning of the strike on the French airports.
Seriously???
As my friends told me, French mastered the art of striking, and after this visit, I'm ready to agree with them. In Poland the airport strike would mean delays, maybe few cancellations, reduction of the staff... and would cause a lot of stress, disappointment and frustration anyway. I guess, we, Polish, are masters in getting frustrated, eh? Well, French already planned a strike for 2-3 days (!) and just in the beginning cancelled 50% of the flights. Including mine, of course. OMG. What is more, when I finally could go home because the strike was suspended, I learned that it was the day when the Train staff decided to go on strike, so all roads to Paris were paralyzed with people trying to get to work... Interesting.
Luckily, I had a place to stay and wonderful company of Sandrine and her family and a good scrap-buddy, Stephanie, who came in the evening to do some scrapping together. Limited access to supplies made my creativity flow, so in the end I finished with this small journal page in my book. It was a good, creative evening.

Journey 03 - stop in paris


There isn't much on this journal page: a bit of gesso, tea stain, some small tags and white paper scraps I got from my friends,masking tape, 3D foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L, thread and twine and a crochet flower. Luckily I had a paper doily and one Sizzix cut out left from the class on Saturday.
You will learn more about it if you will jump on the Sizzix.uk blog here and if you will dig just a bit deeper you will also find more info about this layout I posted below:

Me 2013

This project is a marriage of Sizzix and Prima - including new Prima "Flora Grande" dies that were just released on the market. I have to admit this paper rose is one of my favorites...
I used my "Sunrise-Sunset" collection - A4 paper pad, stencils and stamps together with Pan Pastels and Archival Ink and Distress Ink from Ranger. It was fun, it was good to create something "lighter" in look too:)

And in the end - I've got a treat for you - downloadable projects with Sizzix "Susan's Garden" collection :) I've made some projects with these paper flowers, trying to give them a bit of my "messy" touch - I hope you will enjoy! To get them and some more project from mu blog friend just click here on this link:)


See you soon friends - I hope your travelling adventures were better than mine - and the coming vacation season will be great for you:) Hehe:)
xoxoxo

14 comments:

babatte said...

oh , we had this opportunity to come and visit the north of France, I would be delighted to welcome you;-). We were to meet in brussels last year;-). I hope to come back this year, I still have pink hair ...

Unknown said...

OMG it's just amazing !!!

Le petit monde de Louison said...

Tes créations sont magnifiques!!!!

corinne de france MARCH said...

QUELLE AVENTURE ! Encore de jolies créations.
Bon retour chez vous et reposez-vous bien
CORINNE

bellefrogworks said...

I haven't visited here in a while - love all your layouts. I guess there are worse places to get stuck in!

Barbouille said...

French people are so crazy ..insn't it ....
I've told you during the "crop", we 're undisciplined ...
And the stike is an art , in France ... sorry for you plane ... sincerement
Thanks so much , for this two days , that was so pleasant and instructive ..
Bizette from France

Words and Pictures said...

Love the pages in your journal - just goes to show you don't need much to create art! Glad you were able to turn your travel delay into some creative time - and I hope you get home safely soon.
Alison x

basiasz80 said...

Bardzo mi się te projekty podobają.

Thuria said...

what an adventure!! yes, we are good in strikes, for sure! What beautiful layouts!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow these are stunning! :D

Sue said...

Fabulous journal pages. I love your style.

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

fabulous creations ! Who would tell french strike are inspiring ???
See you soon

Maura said...

Safe journeys and may all your travels be well!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous art work!!! Only you could make something so beautiful from a horrible situation!! Hope the remainder of your journey is strike free :D
Hugs Ann xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...